COVID-19 Property Update Letter from General Manager
Updated September 18, 2020
Aloha Kaanapali Beach Hotel Ohana,
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Unfortunately, trans-pacific travel to Hawaii is still subject to a 14-day quarantine, however the much anticipated Pre-testing Travel Program will commence on October 15th, 2020, per the Governor of Hawaii. For detailed information about this program, please visit https://www.gohawaii.com/special-alerts-information.
We are now targeting Tuesday, December 1st as our reopening date. We continue to adjust our Health & Safety Protocols across all departments to ensure we meet the higher standard required in today’s world. We continue to monitor the approved guidelines of this fluid situation from the World Health Organization, US Centers for Disease Control & the Hawaii State Department of Health.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please feel free to contact our reservations department 1-800-262-8450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to have launched our Premium Rooms for sale beginning February 2021 – March 31, 2022 and our traditional rooms are available to book through March 31, 2022. Our Kealaula renovation project continues to take shape.
We look forward with growing optimism to the safe reopening of Hawaii and sharing our aloha in person. Until such time, we truly appreciate your support of Kaanapali Beach Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you to your Hawaiian home away from home in the very near future.
Safety and Health Protocol
Kaanapali Beach Hotel has always welcomed guests as ohana (family) and continues to uphold that tradition with regard to the current climate. We remain committed to our kuleana (responsibility) for the palekana (safety), ola (health), and olu olu (comfort) of both guests and employees.
As such, Kaanapali Beach Hotel is adding and implementing new procedures and protocols to further enhance our operational guidance and resources around guest safety and peace of mind. Our guests are considered family, and we look forward to the time when we can welcome our family home. These essential new protocols and processes will help us do so in a healthy and safe way while prioritizing the protection of our guests as well as our staff.
Driven by our purpose and experience delivering world-class Hawaiian hospitality for more than 56 years, this commitment serves as our promise to ensure safety, health, and comfort remain at the core of Kaanapali Beach Hotel’s re-opening.
In addition to our protocols highighted below, here are a few of the items you can count on for your journey back to Kaanapali Beach Hotel:
Elevated cleaning and sanitizing standards including deep cleaning and disinfecting of guestrooms, use of hospital-grade sanitizing spray, increased frequency of cleaning in public and high-touch areas, and hand sanitizer dispensers in key locations.
Physical distancing will be incorporated in all public areas, including restaurants and food & beverage outlets. Signage will be added throughout the property to educate and inform guests regarding appropriate distancing.
The guest experience from check-in to check-out will minimize physical contact and common surfaces. All food and beverage outlets will eliminate self-serve and common handling of items wherever possible.
Appropriate personal protective equipment will be worn by all employees based on job function. Training on protocols and proper use of PPE will be mandatory for employees and all necessary equipment will be provided for their use.
Hotel management continually monitors and follows the guidance of CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Hawaii State Department of Health.
The hotel is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation of COVID-19 and is committed to making adjustments and additions to these protocols as necessary.
We are eagerly awaiting your return and look forward to providing a warm aloha. By making a reservation, all guests confirm they meet the conditions set forth in the Guest Health Confirmation before entering Kaanapali Beach Hotel.
- Create your online Hawaii Safe Travels account at https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/
- Take an approved test no more than 72 hours prior to arrival with a Trusted Travel partner, https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/, and download your negative result to your Safe Travels account
- Your room is sanitized and cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant, with special attention to all high touch points
- Upon arrival, all guests are temperature screened
- For your safety, valet services have been temporarily discontinued
- All room keys disinfected
- Masks required with physical distancing and plexiglass partitions
- For your safety, we are limiting check-in to 1 individual per room (exceptions made for those with disabilities or single parents)
- Designated entrance and exit ways
- Guest rooms are serviced every 3 days
- Additional ammenities available upon request
- No housekeeping service while guest is in room
- The pool will remain open
- Lounge chairs disinfected throughout the day
- Face mask/covering required in shared public areas
- Increased cleaning frequency on all high contact surfaces/areas
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout property
- Tables spaced to accommodate physical distancing rules
- Single use & digital QR menus
- Face mask/covering required, except while seated
- Continued food safety/handling training for all staff
- Tables & chairs sanitized after each use
- Guest room is cleaned and disinfected after check-out, including change of linens, pillows, and shower curtains
- We look forward to your next visit, mahalo