Kaanapali Beach Hotel is an ideal property for guests desiring accessibility due to use of a wheelchair or walker. The property encompasses 11 acres, and all public areas are located at ground level.
ADA Compliant Rooms
All wheelchair accessible guest rooms are compliant with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) ensuring everyone an opportunity to enjoy the services and facilities at Kaanapali Beach Hotel. The facilities for persons with disabilities include:
- Easy access to the lanai and front door
- Furniture and toilet engineered with ADA standards
- Bath tub with rails, grab bars, and hand-held showers
- Lowered security peep hole
The Ocean View Suite and Courtyard Suite feature a King bed and a roll-in shower facility with fold-down shower bench. The Ocean View and Partial Ocean View rooms offer wheelchair accessible sinks in the bathroom with full-sized tub (no roll-in shower), a King bed and a twin day bed.
Available equipment for guest room use is below. Please contact the reservations department for information and equipment reservations in advance.
- Toilet seat risers
- Additional tub/shower stool
- Four parking stalls in parking structure, fully accessible
- Televisions in the Molokai building are equipped with closed captioning for the hearing impaired. Closed captioning is activated by the remote control. Telecaption VR-100 caption decoder is available for televisions in the other guest wings.
- Portaview TTD/TTY machine for the telephone facilitates hearing impaired guests' access. Advanced notice is required for setup with the telephone company (limited inventory).
- Alert Plus units are on hand and may be installed to alert hearing impaired guests of incoming calls or someone at the front door.
- Wheelchair rentals - $10.00 per day plus tax, contact a Guest Service Specialist
Note: Additional equipment is available to rent from a local care provider. Please contact the reservations department for more information.